Australian Privacy Principles
The Australian Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended, apply to Muzz Buzz Franchising Pty Ltd ACN 106 547 620 of Unit 1, 30 Wheeler Street Belmont Western Australia 6104.
Types of personal information held
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
• Staff candidate information submitted and obtained from the candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
• Work performance information;
• Information about incidents in the workplace;
• Staff information;
• Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
• Information obtained to assist in managing customer and business relationships;
• Customer information
• Supplier information;
• Franchisee financial and other information.
Purposes for which we hold personal information
We primarily hold personal information for the following:
• Recruitment of staff;
• Recruitment of Franchisees and the staff of Franchisees;
• Staff management;
• Franchisee management;
• Supplier management;
• Training of staff and Franchisees and staff of Franchisees;
• Customer, Franchisee and business relationship management;
• Marketing to potential franchisees and to potential and existing customers of stores;
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose.
We will only disclose personal sensitive information with your consent.
We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
We contract out a number of services from time to time. Our contractors may see some of your personal information. Typically our contractors would include:
• IT contractors and database designers;
• Engineers and Planners;
• Contract administration staff;
• Telephone service contractors;
• Maintenance contractors.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to anyone overseas other than as follows:
We have engaged an IT contractor, Extyl-Pro of Moscow to provide certain IT services in relation to the Muzz Buzz Portal. As a result Extyl-Pro has access to personal information of users of the Portal, being our franchisees, their staff and our staff. Extyl-Pro is bound by the contract we have with them to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information.
Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We recognise our responsibility for protecting the privacy of your personal information. Security measures are in place to protect information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration. We will review and update these measures from time to time to ensure security is maintained.
Enquiries and Complaints
post: Unit 1, 30 Wheeler Street Belmont WA 6104
Our Privacy Co-ordinator will endeavour to answer your enquiry or resolve your complaint as soon as possible.
You can also make complaints to the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breach any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact our Privacy Co-ordinator. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity.
We might impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Co-ordinator would discuss these with you.
You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.